Your front door is one of the first parts of your home your family and your guests see before entering your home. As such, it should be kept in good condition. Unfortunately just like windows, roofs, siding, and other exterior parts of our homes, front doors also need replacement over time. We’re here to provide both residents and businesses in Plaistow and surrounding areas with professional front entry door replacement and installation services if you’ve noticed any of these signs that you need to replace your entry door.
When Front Door Replacement Service is Needed
- Issues Opening & Closing. Over time, your house’s structure may shift due to the constant freezing and thawing of the New England weather. As a result, this can often change the angle on which your door is hung, leading to opening and closing issues. There may be other underlying issues such as the hinges are sinking or air is coming in through the door.
- Dents, Rust & Holes. If your front door has seen better days, then there’s no harm or foul in replacing your entry door for purely aesthetic reasons. Dents, rust and holes can also compromise your door’s safety and security. These issues may also be an open invitation to insects and water damage.
- Moisture Between Glass. Does your entry door have glass panes included? If so and you notice moisture (or worse, mold buildup) between the panes of glass, then this means the weather-tight seals around the panes have failed. Depending on the extent of the moisture and the damage to the sealant, you may or may not need to replace the entire door. We highly recommend consulting our door installation and replacement specialists to determine the course of action you should take.
- Warped, Cracked or Drafty. Are you constantly having to shove tissues or paper towels through cracks in your front door? This is no way to live! Save yourself the headache and save your wallet from large heating bills during the winter and get your front door replaced. For those living in older homes with non-standard sized front doors, talk to our experts about custom door installation.
- Water or Insect Damage. You may not know it, but your front door may be rotting from the inside out due to water or insect damage. These days there are doors made from more heavy-duty material such as steel and fiberglass that are less prevalent to water and insect damage. However, for homeowners that still have a hardwood door, there is most likely a chance that it may be rotting due to these issues.
Notice any of these signs on your front door, side door or patio door? Contact our door replacement and installation company in Plaistow NH for a free project estimate. We’ll come out to your location to answer any questions you might have about products and pricing as well as assess your door for further damage and issues.